miércoles, 19 de enero de 2011

Brooklyn Decker: 'I Was Wrecking My Body' With Fasts, 'Crazy Diets'

http://gommiarcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brooklyn-decker-11.jpgSure, she's smokin' hot, but supermodel Brooklyn Decker, 23, admits to struggling with her body confidence.

"When I was younger, I was insecure about being gangly and having no shape," she tells Self's February issue. "People made fun of me and called me a boy! I remember praying for boobs and a butt. Luckily, I grew into myself and got curves, but when I was first modeling, I wished for that boyish Gisele body again!"

PHOTOS: Find out how these stars achieved their best-ever bodies

In fact, Decker, who graced the cover of the 2010 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cops to going to extreme measures to drop pounds.

"When I moved to New York, I was always with other aspiring models," the model, who stars with Jennifer Aniston in the upcoming rom-com, "Just Go With It," tells the mag. "There were bingers and purgers, and everyone watched each other eat. It freaked me out. I did juice fasts and crazy diets and ended up gaining weight. My father did an intervention and got me to stop obsessing about everyone else and wrecking my body."
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/pr/subs/swimsuit/images/09_brooklyn-decker_bodypainting_04.jpg
PHOTOS: Celebrities share their top bikini bod secrets

These days the self-confessed candy lover -- "If it were legal, I'd marry a Sour Patch Kid" -- avoids the scale and focuses on loving her food.

PHOTOS: Check out stars' fave healthy snacks

http://www.vixswimwear.com/media/gallery_photos/2010/02/10/Brooklyn_Decker_SIcom_1display.jpg"Eating is more fulfilling if you talk about what you should eat rather than what you shouldn't," says Decker, who wed tennis ace Andy Roddick, 28, in 2009. "Instead of worrying about what foods might have too much fat or sugar, think, Oh, I should eat these blueberries for the antioxidants."

Check out Brooklyn Decker in the trailer for "Just Go With It":

No hay comentarios: