lunes, 14 de febrero de 2011

yolanda adams

Aretha Franklin Grammy Awards 2011 Tribute

Aretha Franklin Grammys 2011
From her Detroit home, soul legend Aretha Franklin made a special appearance at the Grammys’ Sunday night.
The pre-taped segment came at the end of a special tribute to her that was performed by female vocalists Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Florence Welch, Martina McBride and Yolanda Adams.
Following the medley of hits, Franklin made her first public appearance since being hospitalized last year, reportedly for pancreatic cancer.
“Thank you ladies, I love you all,” Franklin said, in the video.
“I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be with you this evening. I especially want to thank all of you who took the time to send me get-well cards and flowers, beautiful flowers… and most importantly, prayers during my time of hospitalization.”


During her own career, Franklin won 18 Grammy Awards.
Franklin’s message concluded with a good luck message to award nominees.
“I wish that I could have been with you all tonight but since I couldn’t – next year, OK?,” Franklin quipped

No hay comentarios: